Friday 26 February 2010

Blog Inspiration

All of these activities have either been inspired or have been taken directly from one of the wonderful blogs that I follow. Thank you to all of those out there who take the time to post so many wonderful activities and crafts. I always get excited when I see something that I know would be so cool to try out with L.

A while back I made up little shopping lists for L by drawing a little picture and writing the word beside it. We then put all of her food out on the table and she takes her shopping bag and looks for the things on her list. She also likes to add some things of her own to her bag but she has a lot of fun doing it. Thanks to Making of a Montessori Mum for giving me the idea.





I saw this one on Chasing Cheerios ages ago and just kept it in the back of my mind until L was old enough to do it. Please try and disregard my poor drawing skills! I made a list of some things around our house and then L went around and counted them. I then wrote down the number for her. After she'd finished we sat and I asked her again how many we had so she could practice her number recognition. She LOVED this activity and I think I'll make one up for outside soon as well.


A little while back Amy from The Wonder Years did some posts about painting with water colors. They were truly beautiful and inspiring and as soon as our market(with the goats) opened up I purchased some. The whole family sat down and painted and then we made these beautiful birds from Amy's post. I love them and can't stop looking at them. Amy was also featured as a guest blogger over at The Magic Onions. Two fantastic blogs. Please check them out.

Our spring star. This was a mommy activity that was so much fun to make and not as hard as it first appeared. I first saw these on the most beautiful blog called Childhood Magic and found the tutorial here. It says to use kite paper but I couldn't find any so I just used tissue paper which seemed to work fine.






1 comment:

Ariella said...

everything looks beautiful. The paper stars are fun aren't they?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails