Friday 27 August 2010

Fantastic Printable Materials

We've been trying out these printable materials from Montessori for Learning and L is really enjoying them.  The website is a fantastic resource.  Along with having a membership area it also has tons of great free printable materials. 

Here L is doing the singular/plural activity. 

After putting the pictures in their correct columns she decided to match all of the pictures saying "one ant, three ants"
We also enjoyed learning about the names of the fingers.  We talked about the different names and then placed them on the hand together.  She then did the activity with the control card.
To help with learning we sang a cute little song with actions.
(put hand up in a fist)
Little thumb, little thumb
Where are you?
(pop your thumb up and wiggle)
Here I am, here I am
How do you do?
(close hand into a fist again)
Index finger, index finger
Where are you?
(pop up index finger and wiggle)
Here I am, here I am
How do you do?
continue on for all fingers.
then finish with
(both hands in fists)
Fingers all, fingers all
Where are you?
(open both hands and wiggle fingers)
Here we are, here we are
How do you do?
L absolutely adored singing this song and after a few times she matched the labels to her own fingers.

Mystery words.  Sooo much fun.  You have to use a mirror to read these secret words. 


These are just a few of the many great activities we've been trying from Montessori for Learning.

3 comments:

Elle Belles Bows said...

Great post! Montessori for Learning is one of my favorites. Love both of your blogs. Thanks! Kerri

Insightful Brain said...

Thank you so much for the very kind post! I greatly appreciate your input and am so glad that the work I have used is useful to others.

Amy said...

Great post! I love the poem! Thank you for coming by my blog. I am excited to now know about yours and will be following!

Related Posts with Thumbnails