Monday 21 March 2011

Blog Book

Way back last October I ordered a book of my blog from Blog2Print for my birthday.  I was going to blog about it then but totally forgot.
This is the finished product.  I love it!
This book also totally changed my outlook on blogging.  After flipping through it I realised how much stuff L and I had actually done.  I also realised what an amazing priceless record this book is of our early time together.  From that day on I decided that although I love the connections, ideas and many friends I've made through blogging my number one priority for my blog is to record mine and my daughter's journey.
This has taken a lot of pressure off me as before I was feeling like I had to post something "for my followers".  Now I only post if it's something I want to record for future reference.  One day I hope L will be able to use them for her children.

I highly recommend turning your blog into a book.  It's an amazing feeling being published and being able to flip through and see all that you've accomplished!

5 comments:

Olives and Pickles said...

Congrats on your blog book! I love the cover..it is adorable!!

I just posted a raffle to help Japan.

http://olivesandpickles.blogspot.com/2011/03/japan-quake-appeal.html
If you are interested on helping you are more than welcome to participate.
thank you : )

Patty

Foreword from the Reader said...

Hi About a Girl! How do you order such a lovely book? I have started another blog (a bit like a jornal to record all we do together as a family etc..).. I love the idea of the book. Where can I order one? Thanks

Montessori Beginnings said...

I just put up a link now in the post for Blog2Print.

Susana of Montessori Candy said...

What a great idea. I recently re-read my blog post on the home birth of my 6th child. It would be awesome to have this in a book. Thanks for sharing :)
-Susana

Mommy Moment said...

I made a book like this too of all the craft projects my daughter made. It was so nice to not have to keep all of the actual crafts, but still be able to have a nice book as a memory of all of them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails